The Padel School Limited (‘The Padel School’) respects your privacy and is committed to providing transparency when it comes to how your data is used and tracked by us.
Who we are
This website and our app is operated by The Padel School. We specialise in providing online padel training for players and coaches. To find out more information about us see our website: www.thepadelschool.com
Cookies and other tracking technologies
The Padel School website or app uses three main types of cookies:
- Necessary cookies – which make our website or app work correctly;
- Performance cookies – which collect data relating to how you use our website or app;
- Functionality cookies – which give you a more personalised experience when you use our website or app.
The Padel School is the data controller for any personal data provided to or collected by The Padel School – via cookies and other tracking technologies.
The Padel School receives and stores certain types of information, some of which is “personal data” under GDPR, whenever you interact with us online. Examples of such personal data include IP addresses and location data.
In conjunction with cookies, The Padel School also uses tracking pixels. Tracking pixels are small pieces of HTML code that can be installed on a website or included in an email. These are activated when someone visits the website or opens / reads the email. The following information can be captured via tracking pixels;
- Operating system used (gives information on the use of mobile devices)
- Type of website or email used, for example on mobile or desktop
- Type of client used, for example a browser or email program
- User’s screen resolution
- Time the email was read or website was visited
- Activities on the website during a session, or how much of the email was read
- IP address (gives information on the Internet Service Provider and location)
The difference between a cookie and a pixel is where the information is served and kept. Pixels are made to send information to servers, whereas cookies are saved in a browser on a user’s device.
Information may be sent to your computer or device in the form of an Internet browser “cookie” to allow The Padel School to monitor your use of our website or app, in order for us to tailor the way it works for you, as set out above and below.
Types of cookies
Definitions of cookies used by The Padel School:
- Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential to make The Padel School website and app work correctly; they enable visitors to navigate our websites or app and use our features. These cookies collect anonymised data, such as information about your browser type and version, without collecting any ‘personal data’ which relates to you.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies collect anonymised information about how you use The Padel School website or app, for instance which pages you go to most often, the time spent on our website or app, and any issues encountered, such as error messages. These cookies are also used to let affiliates (Google Ads, Google Analytics, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook) know if you came to our website or app from an affiliate and if that visit resulted in the use of a The Padel School service, e.g., membership sign up. This helps improve the performance of The Padel School website or app. Information supplied by performance cookies helps us to understand how our visitors use The Padel School website or app so that we can improve how we present our content to them. They also allow us to test different design ideas for particular pages. Our objective in doing this is to provide website or app users with an improved, personalised experience and help more people play padel.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow The Padel School website or app to remember the choices you make (such as username, language or the region you are in) to provide a more personalised online experience. These cookies may also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise.
- Third-Party Cookies. We use a number of third-party partners that may also set cookies on your device on our behalf when a visit is made to The Padel School website or app to allow them to deliver tailored The Padel School advertising within their domains, for example on Facebook. When someone visits The Padel School website or app and other websites, the third-party cookie tracks this information and sends it to the third-party who created the cookie.
Duration of the cookies used
In terms of duration, we may use two different types of cookies on The Padel School website or app:
- Session Cookies. These cookies are temporary cookies that remain on a device until the visitor leaves the website; or
- Persistent Cookies. These cookies remain on a device for much longer or until the individual manually deletes them (how long the cookie remains on the device will depend on the duration or “lifetime” of the specific cookie, as well as browser settings).
How to turn off all cookies and consequences of doing so
If you do not want to accept any cookies, you may be able to change your browser settings so that cookies (including those which are essential to the services requested) are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of our website.
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the guidance on cookies published by the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, www.aboutcookies.org
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us please send an email to [email protected]