Backhand Bajada after the lob
When to use it?
You can use the backhand bajada after the lob of your opponent lands in a central position and you don’t have time to come around to play it on the forehand side. You can also use it when the lob of your opponent goes into the corner of the left-hand side and you don’t have the space or time to run around it and play the ball.
Technique of the backhand Bajada
- Keep your eyes on the ball and take a few initial steps backwards
- Judge the landing of the ball to give yourself some space
- Take back your racket and start to shift your bodyweight
- Use rotation of your body to generate more power
- Contact the ball in the middle of the racket
- Use momentum to move back into the court