Do you use the fake smash? – Padel
When should and when shouldn’t you use the fake smash?
These steps will help you by performing the fake smash in padel
- Push back from your front foot and start turning your shoulders
- Make sure your feet are underneath the ball and place your body in a “trophy position”. This position looks like the serving pose in tennis.
- Make it look like you’re going for a topspin smash
- Your racket arm goes straight up for contact and your legs come a bit off the ground
- Contact the ball in the middle of your racket and give the ball slow speed
- Follow your racket through in the direction of the ball